The 2018 Super Geek Film Festival at Florida Supercon will take place July 12-15, 2018 at the Broward County Convention Center.
Programming will include film screenings, panels, parties, Q&A’s, workshops and so much more. Hours for this year’s festival are as follows (subject to change):
Thursday July 12: 12:00pm – 1:00am
Friday July 13: 10:00am-1:00am
Saturday July 14: 10:00am-2:00am
Sunday July 15: 10:00am-8:00pm
Detailed programming and schedule information will be released in the coming weeks. For the most up-to-date information, make sure to follow the Super Geek Film Festival on Facebook and Twitter or join the conversation by using the hashtag #SGFF on social media.
Filmmakers interested in hosting or presenting panels, workshops, or Q&A’s can apply here: https://floridasupercon.com/do-you-want-to-host-a-panel-or-event/. If you have questions about submitting panel ideas for the Super Geek Film Festival, you can email email@example.com. PLEASE NOTE: Panel submission deadlines are May 27th, 2018.
If you are interested in volunteering please visit https://floridasupercon.com/volunteer/ — Place Geek Film Festival in the section requesting volunteer position you are interested in.
The categories for judging will be for the following categories:
Films will be judged and prizes awarded in the following specific categories:
1. Best Feature Film – full or feature-length (over 50 minutes)
2. Best Short Film – short format film (under 50 minutes)
3. Best Animated – feature or short form
4. Best Documentary – feature or short form
5. Judges Choice – Any category
6. Best Student Film (Elementary/Middle/High School)* – feature or short
7. Best Student Film (College/Graduate)** – feature or short
8. Audience Choice Award – feature or short form
*Elementary/Middle/High School: Films produced and directed by students of any level before college or trade school admission.
**College/Graduate: Films produced and directed by students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate college level program.