Supercon is looking to hire a seasonal part time office assistant intern. The candidate must have his or her own reliable transportation. Participation in at least two of the following fandoms is required: Comic Books, Netflix or TV Comic Shows, Superhero Movies, Anime, Cosplay, Science Fiction, Video Gaming, or Wrestling.
Supercon is a South Florida based events company that organizes and manages multi-genre pop culture fan conventions, such as Florida Supercon, Paradise City Comic Con, Raleigh Supercon, and Louisville Supercon.
Working for Supercon
Supercon is interested in people that excel in a team environment. Someone that shares ideas without fear of reproach and is readily willing to champion other’s ideas. We’re looking for people who are passionate about pop culture and are inspired by fandom to create a better experience for our attendees.
Success at Supercon is measured in fresh ideas that are demonstrated in updates, posts, campaigns, and tasks completed before deadline. We are an office of doers.
At Supercon, we’re always thinking about the next step, and we’d like to step up with you!
Internship Details: This is a limited internship position lasting 3-4 months. Position is for our administrative offices in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. This is a paid internship with a pay rate of $8.25/hour. Standard work shift will be 11am-5pm with 30 min unpaid lunch.
Report To: Josh Catron, Operations Director
Job Purpose: The Office Assistant Intern is a supportive role that provides general office support within the various tracks of the organization. The Office Assistant Intern will also have the responsibilities of answering phones, volunteer sorting, customer service and assisting directors as needed.
This job requires the following skills:
- Proficiency in the english language. This means strong reading, writing, and spelling skills.
- Ability and desire to stand for long periods of time at promotional events on occasional weekends that lead up to our proprietary events with an upbeat and friendly attitude to promote Supercon.
- The candidate will be required to run errands in his or her own vehicle, such as trips to the post office, bank, office supply store, and other destinations as necessary.
- Willingness and ability to lift up to 30 lb boxes and step in to conduct manual tasks as needed.
- Ability to work in fast paced and possibly high stress environment
- The candidate must understand how to conduct themselves properly in a casual professional environment. This includes inside the office, occasional lunches with vendors, and special guests at the events.
- The candidate must be friendly and upbeat and come to work with team spirit.
To apply for the position, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include up to 1 paragraph in your email with the answers to the following question, in your own way:
- Why do you want to work for Supercon?
For more information about our events, visit www.superconventions.com.
Job Type: Internship