Do you want to volunteer at Florida Supercon to help put on an awesome show?
CLICK HERE to apply to be a volunteer at Florida Supercon 2018: https://register.growtix.com/volunteers/apply_step_1/florida_supercon_2018
Volunteers and Staff are needed for the following departments at Florida Supercon 2018:
- Anime Viewing Room: Ready for the big screen? Well, more like the medium screen for your favorite anime! Your job here will be making sure the room sticks to schedule, watching the equipment, and to make sure no one breaks the rules.
- Audio Visual (A/V): Your job here will be running the majority of the panel rooms. You will be assisting with AV Set-up for the “fandom” panels for the most part. Being able to speak up and having projector knowledge is a plus in experience points.
- Celebrity Guest Relations: This is the toughest department! Volunteers do everything they can to assists guests (usually all day long.) Including autograph sessions and handling the money at their booth, keeping track of selfies and autographs, line control, keeping your celebrity on schedule, and possibly going as far as walking them to and from panels
- Comic Guest Relations: Your job here will be to walk around the dealer room and check up on the comic book guests and artists. You will be assisting with booth/vending and provide breaks, along with fetching them food or drink.
- Convention Operations: Can we fix it? Yes, you can! You are the Fix-It-Felix’s of the convention. Your job here will be to make sure everything runs smoothly. You are the Mover and Shakers of the con because they can go anywhere at any time.
- Cosplay Info Booth & Contests: It’s a bird, it’s a plane – you’ll see what it is when you assist the attendees with signing up for the costume contest! Your job will be to help sign costumers up, control the line for prejudging, and helping backstage for the main event.
- Cosplay Repair Team: Your role here will be to help a cosplayer in need! You must have basic knowledge of cosplay repair including basic sewing, wig styling, and glue gun use.
- Film Festival: Roll out the red carpet because it’s the film festival! Your job under this title is to get people to attend, and to keep the films playing on schedule.
- Greeter: “Welcome to Supercon!” Is what you’ll be saying in this role. Your job here will be providing people with warm greetings, and sharing information of the venue, locations, and events during the program.
- Info/Disability Services: Your job here will be to assist attendee with basic needs and knowledge. This ranges from location, seating, and to knowledge of many events for them to attend over the weekend.
- Kids Program: In this role, you’ll work with the kids of Supercon, and other programs involving them throughout the weekend. Educated professionals only in this position, please.
- Late Night Panel ID Checking: Thou shall not pass – without your ID! Your job is to make sure no one under the age of 18 gets in to late night activities and panels.
- Photography: YOU MUST HAVE YOUR OWN CAMERA EQUIPMENT. Your job will be taking photos of the events happening (panels, main, etc.), and take hall way shots! You may also be set up for scheduled group photoshoots and unique photobooths. Supercon must be able to use the photos for advertisements their webpages.
- Registration: We want you! – And your smiling and friendly face. You will be the first person people see at the show, so show your pearly whites! Your job will be to welcome people, scan them in to the show, give them their badge/wristband.
- Stage Management: It’s your chance to break a leg – and assist with the stage! Your job under this title will be to assist with turn around time of our main events. It is needed to have knowledge and experience with scheduling and managing the stage for our main events, mostly guiding the guests and attendees.
- Table Top: D20? D6? You have to have some knowledge of table top gaming for this department or your adventure could be catastrophic! Your job here will be handing out proper games and retrieving every item back for the convention.
- Video Games: Your job here is to make sure all the equipment is working properly, that none of it gets stolen, and that the tournaments are run on time. You’ll get some experience points for having knowledge of the latest video games, and how to set it up, but it could mean GAME OVER if you don’t!
- Video Production: Knowledge of film and camera will be needed! Your job will be mostly recording guests panels and main events. Setting up is a must, and knowing your equipment would make your life that much easier.
The EARLY deadline to be considered for volunteer opportunities is May 29, 2018
The REGULAR deadline for volunteer opportunities is June 26, 2018
The LATE deadline for volunteer opportunities is July 10, 2018
The earlier you register to volunteer the better your chances of getting assigned to the department you request.
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities with Florida Supercon. July 12-15, 2018 at The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention Center.
As Florida Supercon approaches, we are looking to the generosity of volunteers to make this the best Florida Supercon yet. We are looking for volunteers who would like to donate time, talent and expertise in order to gain behind the scene access to the convention and an opportunity to meet other volunteers who have the same interests and passions for the comics, anime and pop-culture community.
There are many different opportunities at the con. Some of the volunteer positions call for specific skills and experience, but many will only need enthusiasm, dedication, trust, and creativity. If this sounds like an opportunity for you please complete the Volunteer Form and send it to us. The earlier you send, the better.
If you are interested in having a larger role and helping out with the planning of the event prior to the show and being on staff at the show, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your information and what department you would like to assist with.
For further information before or after the convention please contact the FSC volunteer coordinator, via email at email@example.com or by calling, 954.399.1330.
All volunteers are required to work a minimum of 10 hours over the weekend in order to receive the volunteer benefits including free admission to the convention, FSC T-Shirt. Each volunteer will be expected to check in and out with the track director and the volunteer coordinator each day that you volunteer, and single day admission bands will be given each day based on the number of hours worked. After the completion of 10 volunteer hours, a volunteer can earn a weekend pass to the show.
If you are interested in volunteering at FSC the following must be completed and understood:
1. A Volunteer form
2. You must be 16 years or older.
3. Volunteer Team t-shirts are to be worn during the shift at all times.
4. Please help promote a safe and healthy environment while volunteering. Refrain from any deliberate act that may create danger, or an unhealthy situation towards any individual. This includes use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages, assaulting another individual or disregarding their safety. If you know of anyone, who might be under the influence or conducting bad behavior, please report to Florida Supercon staff or security.
Volunteer Program: Most volunteer positions are easy to learn and do not require any previous experience in order to qualify for the assignment. Volunteers assist in all areas of the convention, from assisting staff, special events, running errands, registration, checking badges, etc.; no task is overlooked or under-appreciated.
To be considered for volunteering at Florida Supercon 2018, please fill out this form: https://register.growtix.com/volunteers/apply_step_1/florida_supercon_2018
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954.399.1330