CALLING ALL FILMMAKERS! Enter into the Troma Fan Film Contest as part of Florida Supercon’s Super Geek Film Festival! Do you love the twisted toxic mind of Lloyd Kauffman and the rest of the Troma team? Here’s your chance to be featured among them with your very own fan film! Grand prize selection will be featured on the Troma website, social and multimedia channels. In addition, the grand prize winner will receive one (1) pitch meeting/dinner with Troma founder and studio head, Lloyd Kaufman. All winners will be eligible for cash and prizes to be announced through official Troma and Supercon channels. SUBMISSIONS DUE BY APRIL 15, 2017.
By submitting your film for consideration, you agree to the following rules and conditions:
· Your film will be screened at Florida and Raleigh Supercon 2017 as part of the Super Geek Film Festival
· Your film will be viewable for the duration of this festival and then online through the Troma website (www.troma.com)
· You agree to give Troma Entertainment, Inc., Florida and Raleigh Supercon non-exclusive rights to your film for the purposes of promotion, screening and programming for which your film will be made available to our selection committee, judging panel and our audiences at the above mentioned events and online
· Your film must include at least one Troma character or property (e.g. Toxie, Sgt. Kabukiman, et c.) to be considered for judging and presentation
· Your submission can be no longer than 30 minutes in total length
· Your submission must be received by online screener, DVD or BluRay (NTSC)
· All Submissions must be received no later than April 15, 2017. No extensions will be possible.
Please note the following:
· The Troma Fan Film Fest rules are subject to change at any time and at the sole discretion of Troma Entertainment, Inc. Raleigh and Florida Supercon
· Once payment has been processed for your submission, NO REFUNDS will be possible
· Please note we use digital files for screening at the film festival, if you are unwilling or unable to provide a digital file for the festival, please DO NOT submit your film
Judging and Prizes
· All entries will be judged based on the following criteria: relevance to subject matter, storytelling (use of structure and imagery), technical filmmaking execution.
· All accepted films may be featured online through the Troma website. Winning films will be selected by a panel of judges comprised of creative experts, high-level film professionals and members of the Troma and Supercon event teams.
· The grand prize selection will be featured on the Troma website, social and multimedia channels. In addition, the grand prize winner will receive one (1) pitch meeting/dinner with Troma founder and studio head, Lloyd Kaufman. Dinner’s on us, travel and accommodations will be on you. All winners will be eligible for cash and prizes to be announced through official Troma and Supercon channels.
Privacy and Confidentiality
· Application information is collected for prize-winning and film integrity purposes. All information is secure and will not be shared with any entity outside of Troma or Supercon without permission. Identification information about the film, filmmaker and production company will be made public as part of the promotion of the submitted film, contest and event
· Films may be submitted under pseudonyms and/or incomplete names, however, if no information can be provided, the organizers may decide whether a film may be screened and judged. Incomplete submissions cannot be awarded prizes.