Thank you for your interest in setting up as an Exhibitor, Vendor, Independent Publisher, Craftsperson, Artist, Writer or Filmmaker at SUPERCON RETRO 2017.
All Exhibitors, Vendors, Artists, etc… will be located in the Main Exhibition Hall of the Miami Airport Convention Center.
Standard Exhibitor and Vendor booths are 10′ X 10′ pipe and draped areas. Each booth comes with one eight foot table, two chairs, a small company sign, and a small garbage can. Corner booths are provided with one eight foot table, and one six foot table. Exhibitors get 3 badges for the 1st booth purchased + 2 additional badges for each additional booth purchased.
Independent Publisher, Premium Artist/Writer/Filmmaker, Indie Developer and Craftperson booths are 10′ X 10′ pipe and draped areas. Each booth comes with one eight foot long table, two chairs and a small garbage can. Corner booths are provided with one eight foot table, and one six foot table. Persons setting up in these spaces MAY NOT sell any item not created by themselves. T-Shirt companies do not count qualify for this space. Indie Press / Premium Artist Booths come with 2 badges per booth. There is a limit of two Indie Press booths per company. If you need more booth space, you will be required to purchase an exhibitor booth at full price. If you are and indie publisher, all items for sale must be published by your company. If you are a craftsperson, all items for sale must be hand made by the person purchasing the booth, and the craftsperson must be in attendance at the show. If you are an artist, all art (including prints) must be created by the person purchasing the booth, and the artist must be in attendance at the show.
The Artist Alley is the area of the show designed for established and upcoming artists, writers and filmmakers. Artist spaces come with with (1) six foot long table, 2 chairs and 2 Badges. These tables are placed directly next to each other in a row. Only one space may be purchased per artist. These spaces are reserved for aspiring artists and writers who are selling/promoting their own personal work and MAY NOT be used to sell other merchandise not created by the artist / writer. Independent Publishers and Craftspersons belong in the Indie Publisher / Craftsperson section. ARTISTS who wish to be promoted on our website, please create a 851px wide x 315px tall banner featuring your artwork and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be more than happy to add your image (pending approval) to promote you as an Artist, but we do not have the ability to create images for every Artist in Artist Alley. That’s where your Artistic skill comes in. As well, please provide a brief bio (1 paragraph) and website link.
10 X 10 STANDARD PIPE AND DRAPE INLINE BOOTH: $500
10 X 10 STANDARD PIPE AND DRAPE CORNER BOOTH: $575
PREMIUM ARTIST / PUBLISHER / COSPLAYER / WRITER / FILMMAKER 10×10 INLINE BOOTHS: $375
PREMIUM ARTIST / PUBLISHER / COSPLAYER / WRITER / FILMMAKER 10×10 CORNER BOOTHS: $450
CRAFTSPERSON 10×10 PIPE & DRAPE INLINE BOOTHS: $375
CRAFTSPERSON 10×10 PIPE & DRAPE CORNER BOOTHS: $450
ARTIST ALLEY TABLES: $150
ARTIST ALLEY PREMIUM ENDCAP: $350
ADDITIONAL EXHIBITOR BADGE: $55
Exhibitor badges are for exhibitors only and are not to be resold. Reselling badges is a violation of the terms of this agreement.
Our Exhibition Room Hours will be:
FRIDAY 1:00pm – 8:00pm
SATURDAY 10:00am – 8:00pm
SUNDAY: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Exhibition Room Set-up: Thursday 2:00pm – Midnight and Friday 8:00am – 11:00am
Exhibitor Move-Out: Sun 6:00pm – 12:00am
Exhibitors who arrive on Thursday between 2pm and 10pm, or Friday between 8am and 11am check in at the Exhibitor check in table by the loading dock. There will be no check in at the loading dock after 11:00am on Thursday. Anyone checking in late must check in at the front registration desk for Exhibitors and Artists in the main lobby. Your assignment will be confirmed before the event, but all badges must be picked up at the show and will not be mailed prior to the event.
Assignment of space will be by show management. We will try to accommodate as many special requests as possible but cannot guarantee where you will be located.
Electrical service is available directly from The Miami Airport Convention Center. A Convention Services Fact Sheet will be emailed to you with ordering information. Please remember to order in a timely manner if you wish to receive the early incentive rates.
For any questions contact email@example.com or call 954.399.1330
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING TERMS YOU AGREE TO BY PURCHASING SPACE AT SUPERCON RETRO.
1. Booths must remain intact and manned throughout the hours of the convention and may not be dismantled prior to the closing of the convention. Supercon Retro will not be held responsible for any issues arising from an unmanned booth during show hours. The loading dock will not be open for breakdown prior to the close of the exhibition room. If you break down your space prior to the end of the show you will be banned from setting up at future shows. Attendee’s have paid for the ability to shop with Vendors and Exhibitors and expect them to be set up during show hours. By breaking down early you are doing both the attendees and the show a disservice. Please be advised that there are vendors and artists that we will no longer welcome back due to breaking this rule. The shows management takes this very seriously. It is unfair to attendees, the show and other vendors to break down early. If you cannot stay until the end of the show, please do not set up.
2. Exhibitors must comply with all local, state and federal laws, and will not hold management liable for any breaches, losses, or damage to themselves or their property. All exhibitors agree to hold blameless Supercon Retro and all Supercon Retro staff members and workers against any loss, damage, theft, expenses, claims or actions arising from any personal or property damage, loss or theft due to said exhibitor’s participation in SUPERCON RETRO. SUPERCON RETRO agrees to pay for overnight security in the main exhibit hall. Exhibitor is responsible for their own security during show hours.
3. In addition, all vendors/exhibitors/artists acknowledge that SUPERCON RETRO and all SUPERCON RETRO staff members, workers, employees and agents, will NOT provide or maintain insurance coverage for vendors/exhibitors persons or property, and it is their sole responsibility to obtain insurance covering loss.
4. SUPERCON RETRO in no way endorses any artist/vendor/exhibitor merchandise, exhibits, views, beliefs, or actions. All artists/vendors/exhibitors are deemed to be their own business/entity and in no way reflect the views, beliefs, intentions and/or direction of SUPERCON RETRO. Artists/vendors/exhibitors do not represent SUPERCON RETRO in any way.
5. All merchandise bought or sold at the SUPERCON RETRO is done strictly between artists/vendors/exhibitors and attendees/buyers, SUPERCON RETRO is not party to or responsible in any way for any transactions made between said parties.
6. NO SWORD VENDORS OR WEAPONS VENDORS ALLOWED. THIS INCLUDES SWORDS, KNIVES, OTHER SHARP ITEMS, TASERS, LASERS, ETC… ANYTHING THAT IS A WEAPON. Anyone who attempts to sell weapons at the show will be asked to remove the items from their booth. Repeat offenders will be asked to leave the show, with no refund given.
7. NO VAPE, TOBACCO, OR ANY TYPE OF SMOKING SALES ARE ALLOWED. WE DO NOT ENCOURAGE SMOKING OF ANY KIND. IF YOU SELL VAPE, TOBACCO, OR ANY TYPE OF SMOKING ITEMS AT THE SHOW YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE, WITH NO REFUND GIVEN.
8. No Bootleg DVD’s or CD’s. Representatives from various studios will be at the convention. Anyone selling unauthorized merchandise that infringes upon their copyright or licensing agreements (or any other studios) will be asked to leave the show. No refunds will be given if you break this rule and are asked to leave.
9. No outside food vendors are allowed. Miami Airport Convention Center has an exclusive on food sales. This applies to Food Trucks on Convention Center property. This applies to Pocky and Ramune as well.
10. All adult materials must be either behind the table or, if displayed on a table or display rack bagged or covered so that minors may not open it. Any adult material containing nudity must be covered in accordance with local and state laws. Artists/Exhibitors agree not to sell any adult materials to minors. Violating this rule is cause for immediate dismissal from the show with no refund, and being banned from any future events hosted by the shows management.
11. Nudity is NOT allowed in the convention center under any circumstances.
12. No Bingo, Lottery type gaming (or gambling of any sort) is allowed.
13. State tax is the responsibility of the artist/vendor to collect according to state laws.
14. No Sales Onsite or Promotion for Online or Offsite Sales of any guns real or replica.
15. No exhibit may block or interfere with other exhibits or with the aisle space. Any damage caused to the building or its furnishings by the Artist/Exhibitor are the sole responsibility of the Artist/Exhibitor.
16. Should you (the exhibitor) find that you are not able to attend SUPERCON RETRO and have already paid for your space, the policy is as follows: A refund will be given – minus a $150 cancellation fee for Exhibitor Booths prior to 1/1/17, and $75 for Artist Tables prior to 1/1/17. Between 3/2/17 and 3/1/17 a refund will be given minus a $250 cancellation fee for Exhibitor Booths and $125 for Artist Tables. After 3/2/17 a refund will be given minus a $350 cancellation fee. No refunds will be made for Artist tables after 4/1/16.
17. Abandoned Property: Any property not removed from the Miami Airport Convention Center that has not been claimed within forty-eight (48) hours following the end of the event will be considered abandoned by the Exhibitor.
18. SUPERCON RETRO reserves the right to change, amend, and add to the rules and regulations of the show at anytime. In the event that you new rules are added that prevent you from selling your core product, you will be notified and refunded in full.