In light of recent events, we have chosen to tighten security around the event and have recently updated many of the rules. This is done to protect our attendees and make sure that everyone may enjoy the convention without concern.
Florida Supercon is dedicated to the safety and security of ALL attendees.
Use common sense and remember what seems harmless to you may appear like a threat to someone else. All attendees must adhere to Florida State Law at all times during the weekend of Florida Supercon, including laws regarding firearms and weapons. If it is illegal outside of the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
Please read this entire policy before attending Florida Supercon. Failure to follow this policy may result in your removal from the convention without refund. We have a ZERO TOLERANCE FOR WEAPONS.
The following items are NOT ALLOWED at Florida Supercon
* NO Live firearms: This includes modern guns, hunting guns, historic guns, air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns – either functioning or de-commissioned.
* NO CONCEALED FIREARMS EVEN IF YOU HAVE A PERMIT.
* NO Realistic replica firearms: This includes reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for functional firearms – either metal, solid resin/plastic/rubber.
* NO Functional projectile weapons: This includes blow guns, functioning crossbows, functioning long bows, silly string, slingshots, water balloons and water guns. No props or weapons capable of firing any projectile or powder charge of any kind.
* NO Sharpened metal-bladed weapons: This includes axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades.
* NO Dull metal-bladed weapons: This includes replica swords, replica knives, and other dull metal objects.
* NO Explosives: This includes firecrackers and fireworks.
* NO Chemical weapons: This includes mace and pepper spray.
* NO Blunt weapons: This includes brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku.
* NO Hard prop weapons: This includes props made of metal, fiberglass and glass. LIGHTSABERS ARE OK.
* NO laser pointers. If you have a laser pointer in your prop or weapon, make sure it cannot function by either removing the batteries, or simply not bringing it.
* NO Items that cause excessive noise levels like vuvuzelas, grenade whistles and grenade horns.
* NO Whips.
* NO Aerosol mustard.
* NO Tasers