Do you want to host a panel or event at Florida Supercon? Share your love of fandom and help us make this the best FSC ever!
Our application for Panels is live! CLICK HERE to apply! https://register.growtix.com/schedules/submission/florida_supercon_2018
Panels are discussions, lectures, show and tell or rants about any and all parts of fandom. Comic Books, Anime, Cosplay, Animation, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Steampunk, Video Games, etc… If you have a specialty and want to talk about it, an area of expertise in fandom and you want to share it with the con, we’d love for you to submit a panel for consideration. We appreciate all ideas, no matter how big or small, but if your panel has logistical needs, please indicate it completely on your form. We will try our best to accommodate your panel.
Please be aware this is a commitment you are making. So if you decide to submit a Panel Request form, please make sure that you CAN present the panel. Once we make the schedule, we are depending upon you to show up on time and run your panel. If anything happens and you can’t make your panel, notify us immediately. Also, if you’re not really comfortable speaking in front of people, then chairing a panel may not be for you. Remember, the normal length of a panel is an hour, so we’d like to stress the need for outgoing people with a good base of knowledge to draw from. You will receive ONE admission pass per panel. The main host listed on the form will only receive one admission ticket per panel, for the day of that panel. Groups with multiple members are encouraged to lead several panels in order to cover admission for more members. Florida Supercon is not responsible for any additional admission. Please submit all panels individually, not all of the panels on one submission form.
1. Early Panel & Event Registration deadline is February 30, 2018. Late/Waitlist Panel Registration deadline is March 14, 2018. The earlier you submit your panel, the better chance you have of approval and a good time slot. No panels will be approved after that date. If you would like to host your own panel, it’s easy! Just fill out the form below and submit to us for consideration.
2. Preparation goes a long way. Be sure you complete your request form completely and accurately. Check to ensure that your topic is relevant, your descriptions accurately match your panel’s title and content, and show us that you have put a great deal of thought into your presentation.
3. Panels should reflect an aspect of the fandoms we represent. Florida Supercon does reserve the right to reject panels if we feel the material is not appropriate for our convention.
4. Make sure your panel is appropriate. We pride ourselves on being family friendly, which means that your panel is not demeaning, rude, embarrassing, or derogatory to anyone. 18+ panels are allowed, but you are responsible for checking IDs at the door. We do not allow “Truth or Dare” type panels or “Ask a Character” events due to the nature of the questions.
5. Guest panels have priority. Because scheduling for these panels can be erratic and take up much of ‘prime-time’ programming between Noon and five pm on Saturday and Sunday, being flexible on your scheduling increases the chances we will find an acceptable time-slot for your panel.
6. Notify us at email@example.com immediately of any changes or problems as soon as they arise.
7. It is the responsibility of the panelist to meet with the AV team at the convention at least an 20 minutes before their panel starts if they wish to use computers or other devices in their panel. Please note that Florida Supercon does NOT provide laptops in the panel rooms. We do provide speakers, projectors, and microphones upon request.
8. Be respectful to Florida Supercon staff, volunteers, and the other panelists.
9. Start on time and end on time. All panels should end in enough time for you to clean up and remove your materials so the next panel can start on time.
10. Be a registered attendee at Florida Supercon. For hosting a panel, the main host listed on the form will only receive one admission ticket per panel, for the day of that panel. Groups with multiple members are encouraged to lead several panels in order to cover admission for more members. Florida Supercon is not responsible for any additional admission.
11. Florida Supercon will notify all panelists if their panel has been accepted by June 4, 2018. Because of over scheduling, your panel may be canceled even after it has been approved. In that case, you will still receive an admission ticket for that day.
12. Every attempt will be made to ensure that the Panelist/s will be scheduled for their preferred day and time, and Florida Supercon will also attempt to avoid scheduling the Panelist/s for any major events that the Panelist may have an interest in attending, though no guarantees can be made. Make sure to note any event that you do not want to miss on the Panel Request Form.
13. Florida Supercon will provide AV support, within reason. Please note that laptops are NOT provided. We strongly encourage you to have a back-up plan because regardless of how well you or we plan.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org