Want to be a Featured Cosplayer at Florida Supercon?
Supercon is looking to grant a few cosplay guest tables at Florida Supercon 2018 to local cosplayers who participate and promote growth in the local cosplay community. Ideal candidates would be Florida locals who are active in the cosplay community both online and in-person. Candidates will be evaluated on multiple factors including but not limited to: costume skill and knowledge, community involvement, and social media presence. Applications for the 2018 show are due FEBRUARY 28th, 2018.
PLEASE READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION.
Application instructions are at the bottom of this page.
In order to be selected, Cosplayers must…
- Reside in Florida.
- Be available for all 4 days of Florida Supercon: July 12-15, 2018.
- Be able to run at least 2 panels of their choice over the weekend. Example topics: Cosplay Positivity, An overview on a specific cosplay technique (Wig styling, Makeup, EVA, Worbla, Painting, using LEDs), Cosplay Marketing on Social Media, Photography/Posing, Getting involved in Charity Causes with Cosplay & whatever else you can think of!
- Be willing and able to judge a costume contest if requested. (Contest would be ‘runway style’ with no pre-judging)
Selected Winners will receive:
- Listing on Florida Supercon website as a Cosplay Guest at Florida Supercon 2018.
- One 8ft Table in Cosplay Alley with other Featured Cosplayers for all 4 days of Florida Supercon 2018.
- 2 Exhibitor Passes: for the Cosplayer and one assistant.
- Cosplayer will be responsible for decorating and staffing the table during the Exhibition Room Hours: Thursday 1:00PM – 8:00PM, Friday 10:00AM – 8:00PM, Saturday 10:00AM – 8:00PM, Sunday 10:00AM – 6:30PM
- Cosplayer is expected to be in costume while at the table.
- Cosplayers may sell prints, props, cosplay accessories, & cosplay crafts at the table. Other items must be approved before selling. All items must follow our exhibitor guidelines HERE. Mass produced items will not be approved for this space.
- Panels are anticipated to be of a Cosplay nature, but do not have to be. If you have a different type of panel, please make sure it follows our panel guidelines HERE.
- Panels are not expected to be entirely fleshed out by time of submission, so a general idea on what you would be interested in covering is acceptable at this point. More details may be required after approval.
- Cosplayer will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the convention center on each event day.
- Hotel is not provided. Local cosplayers are expected to arrange their own lodging or plan to commute from home.
Please send the following items in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org before FEBRUARY 28th, 2018. All items are required unless stated otherwise.
- Full Name:
- Email Address:
- Phone Number:
- Physical Address:
- Cosplay Alias:
- Bio for public use (3-4 sentence minimum):
- Cosplay Facebook Page:
- Cosplay Social Media (Optional, but highly recommended to submit if applicable)
- Personal Cosplay Website
- Have you been a guest at other shows? (Include local, national, & international if applicable) – If no, then put N/A
- Costume Contest Awards at Supercon run shows: (Florida Supercon, Animate Florida, Paradise City Comic Con) – If no, then put N/A
- Costume Contest Awards at other shows: (Include local, national, & international if applicable) – If no, then put N/A
- Panel Idea #1 (Can be changed later)
- General topic / Panel Title
- Brief sentence on what you plan to do / discuss in the panel.
- Panel Idea #2 (Can be changed later)
- General Topic / Panel Title
- Brief sentence on what you plan to do / discuss in the panel
- Additional panel ideas (optional)
- Would you be selling things at your table? If yes, then what? (prints, props, cosplay accessories, & cosplay crafts are okay. Other items are subject to approval. )
- Please answer the following questions:
- How has cosplay made an impact on your life?
- In what ways has cosplay helped you participate and promote growth in the local community?
- Please attach 3-5 pictures of you in cosplay. Along with any other information that you feel is relevant.